Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
kate harrison kate harrison is offline

Default perlite and mice

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 3:34:33 PM UTC+1, Emery Davis wrote:
I've got some 100l sacks, in heavy paper, of perlite that I need to store.

Does anyone know if mice will eat the perlite? I know they love
styrofoam, in some ways it's not that different.

Thanks, -E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy

Perlite is poisonous. Even humans must most definitely not breathe it in let alone eat it...it can cause lung cancer.

Vermiculite is another not to breathe in.

http://www.pennperlite.com/msds.html