Old 26-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Oz

Default Insects thrive on GM 'pest-killing' crops

Gordon Couger writes

There are hundreds of Bt natural BT proteins and hundreds more we can take a
nasty racial on to make them more effective to meet the needs of killing
worms for a long time. As verities develop rotation of BT strains so less
resistance is likely to happen is a real likelihood.

Given the way resistance usually works I wouldn't count on new strains
of BT overcoming resistance. However BT isn't the only insecticidal bio-
control molecule.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.