Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Is it me or is everyone now selling IOW garlic to plant. Our finding is it
simply does not grow well on our very acid soil but considering where it's
grown on chalk that is not surprising. The hunting around begins again!

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK
Don't know how they do it on the IOW but they do have a fair range. I read somewhere recently that some garlics have a soil preference and that you should find the one that suits your soil best. Also to find someone else in your area who also grows it. Swap bulbs for growing on every couple of years. I always choose the biggest cloves to grow on. My bulbs this year are not so good, but nothing had done particularly well in the garden