Old 13-09-2015, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Help Identifying Fungus

On 2015-09-13 16:41:35 +0000, Hedgecop said:

Hi All,

I have a strange circle in my garden where the grass does not grow very
well and a couple of times a year, brown fungus / mushrooms appear. Any
help in identifying what it is / the cause and how to get rid of it
would be much appreciated. Not sure if it matters, but we're based in
North Wales UK.

I've attached a couple of photos.

Thanks in advance.

|Filename: IMAG0208.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16350|
|Filename: IMAG0209.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16351|

Appears to be Bostonius terriensis. It is a beneficial organism.

All kidding aside - it is not possible to identify the fungus as to
species from the pictures, basically you have LBMs growing on your lawn
(Little Brown Mushrooms).

The following may be informative ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring