Old 14-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Mervington Mervington is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
On 10/09/2015 11:33, Janet wrote:

My advice; buy from a farm/industrial supplier.
Prices may *look* higher but you're buying industrial-strength; correct
dilution (follow the label exactly) makes it far more economical than
anything sold in a GC.

I guess it depends a lot on how much you use in a season. I find a 250ml
bottle lasts me two or three years since I only really use it against
pernicious weeds like ground elder, thistles and bindweed.

They are all in retreat (although bindweed seeds germinate often).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I have been using glyphosate for years - which I buy in bulk. I have an acre of garden

The problem with it is that is you 'misapply' it will kill what you didn't want it to. The old Weedol was largely a foliage killer and the odd splash was usually no tragedy.

The replacement for the old Weedol is acetic acid based. In other words, it is strong 'vinegar'. It can only be bought in liquid form, and only in diy quantities.