Old 15-09-2015, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Using ferric phosphate on slugs

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10:25:01 AM UTC-4, geordief wrote:
Has anyone experience with these? I have had a lot of trouble as they
are very quickly taken by the birds (and also mice I suspect)

My workaround is ,for now , to lay lengths of flat timber between the
rows, and put quite a lot of the pellets underneath.

I seem to be having success this way as the crops seem to have been
untouched despite there being quite a collection of slugs underneath
the wood when I do the rounds.

Has anyone got any suggestions or tips as to how to use this product
(since I am not following the instructions shown on the container) ?

--
geordief

I made a copper barrier around the mushroom garden in my basement to keep the slugs away. I had a length of 1" copper tubing in the barn and bought some copper elbows at the hardware store to connect them. Given the price of copper these days, it wouldn't be a good anti-slug idea for a large area.