Old 17-09-2015, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Anybody know of a decent corded trimmer

On 8/30/2015 8:37 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
Looking for a decent corded trimmer that feeds reliably and will last.
I'm tired of throwing away cheap plastic crap or struggling with balky
feed mechanisms that never work for more than a few minutes at a time.
My first trimmer, a B&D bought some time in the early '80s, worked great
until somebody stole it, but every replacement I've tried has been a
piece of junk. It seems like the corded trimmers these days are treated
as the low end of the product line.

Are there any decent ones or do I need to say screw it and go with gas?

I have no experience with this particular one but I do have confidence in
Stihl's products in general. I've been using my gas-powered Stihl for 15+
years with nothing more than a plug change. Take a look at:

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/tri...rimmers/fse60/

They do have an equivalent that is powered by a lithium battery but since
you seem set on a corded unit...