Old 01-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Cass

Default Mature size of these roses

Radika Kesavan wrote:

saki wrote:

Some folks have previously told me that Secret Garden will eat my home
but more recently those same folks seem to have revised their account and
swear that I can grow it in a smaller space. I suppose careful shaping
would help. I plan to try it as a stand-alone rose for now and will see
how it goes.

Ummm ... IIRC, the SGM at San Jose Heritage is a nice 5' x 5' bush, at
least the last time I saw it. It has been a long time, but I will check
again when I have the chance.

SGMCl has 5 to 6 foot canes in my garden, quite lax and lithe, with
plenty of prickles. The wood is a little delicate to galls, scratches
and assaults. I intend to grow mine as a large, fountain shaped shrub,
like a hybrid musk (big surprise there ;~) Hmm, I only planted it last
year, May 2002. Yes, it did not like living in a pot and needed to get
in the ground. The minute that sucker is ready to move out of a 2
gallon, I'd put it directly in the ground.

--
-=-
Cass