Old 21-09-2015, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Using ferric phosphate on slugs

geordief wrote:
Bob F;1016199 Wrote:

Cut the bottom 2" off a milk jug. Notch the cut edge of the 2" piece
with "U"
shaped "entrances" that slugs can get through but birds and rats
cannot. Then
invert the jug bottom over the bait to keep the critters away and the
rain off
the bait. The slugs can go in the "doors".

Thanks. It sounds good but it is really the same thing as I am doing
now.

When I use an old piece of timber the birds and mice are kept
out..-and I get to cover a largish area quite easily.

Are you using ferric phosphate pellets yourself Bob ?

I do on occasion. Unlike the old slug bait, I never see the results, so it's
hard to tell how well it works.