Old 23-09-2015, 10:47 AM
geordief geordief is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
I quickly found that the ferric phosphate product gets cleaned up by birds
unless it is hidden.

I wonder if you'r get similar results without the product. Your method of laying
boards and killing the slugs under them every morning is a well known way to
control slugs.
No I don't think so (not unless the slug problem is fairly minor in the first place).

Yes I have been also using the board method before I started using FP pellets.In my opinion it works much better with the pellets . But I still kill the slugs when I see them to be doubly sure.

Perhaps when I gain confidence all that will be necessary will be to make sure that the plants are not getting damaged (and then I will just leave the slugs to die)