Old 25-09-2015, 11:12 AM
geordief geordief is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
Another interesting experiment would be to leave them alone and see if they stay
there dead. That would indicate that the additional work might not be needed.
Well,I do think about that and sometimes try to remember a particular slug and see if it has moved the next day (I suppose I should put a marker against it) but even if they are not quite dead I don't think they do any feeding and ,as I said the proof of the pudding is whether or not any damage is caused.

In the past ,before I used pellets one of my techniques was to leave the dead slugs in place in the hope that they would provide an attraction for other slugs(you know I suppose that slugs are cannibalistic)
I imagined the venue might grow in size exponentially but it never really seemed to work very well.

Another idea I have had is to destroy the slug "slime trails" since they follow each other and I thought that once I had cleared a particular area it might help to "rough up" the soil but I have never actually bothered with putting that into practice.