Old 26-09-2015, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Mr Tomato Head and Swallowtail caterpillar

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:12:04 AM UTC-7, Leon Fisk wrote:
Hi,

One of my Rutger Tomatoes grew a schnoz this year:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/tomato_head.jpeg

and I had a few Black Swallowtail caterpillars munching on the carrot
tops.

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/swallowtail.jpeg

Hope you find these interesting

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Thanks for these.

The caterpillar one is a real work of art.
There's more to Nature than our personal species interests!

Your welcome. I was happy to feed a few caterpillars soon to be
butterflies with my carrots. There just doesn't seem to be that many
around nowadays. Thought it was one of the little rabbits that were
getting through my fence at first...

Interestingly enough I didn't see/find a single Tomato worm this year.
That has never happened before in all the years we've had a garden and
tomatoes. Not even a hint of activity either. Sometimes I don't find
them even though I'm know they've been munching on my plants...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b