Old 27-09-2015, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Hibiscus and Whitefly

For years, I had a row of Hibiscus along the W. side of the house. The whitefly infestation was unrelenting. I tried everything that was on the market, but finally gave up & took them out.

But at the same time I had a large Hibiscus bush on the N. side of the house
that was handsome, healthy, gorgeous flowers in season -- and nary a whitefly!

Unfortunately I don't have a record of the variety either of the defunct or the
existing.

Anybody know if there are certain varieties that are more subject to whitefly? I've been curious for years.

TGA

HB