Old 01-10-2015, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Rotting Banana mixed into soil

In article
azigni writes:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 15:38:02 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Bananas do not compost well, mostly they rot/ferment and stink... over
ripe bananas are good for baking (banana bread/muffins), over ripe
bananas can be frozen for delicious snacks... also bananas make great
dildos.

Thanks, I was thinking of the potassium in bananas, but never heard of
anyone mixing them right into the soil. The meal ideas sound great too!

Ignore Brooklyn's nonsense. Throw everything into the compost pile
or soil (sometimes called "sheet composting" -- talk to songbird).

I've never personally noticed a composting problem with bananas,
and my wife used to buy a lot of them (and eat 3/4 of those). The
peels, exposed on the surface, seem slow to break down, but inside
the pile, like butter.

--
Drew Lawson | What is an "Oprah"?