Old 09-10-2015, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default where has everybody gone?

On 09/10/15 11:11, Emery Davis wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:44:41 +0100, Broadback wrote:

Me, I do not trust them, they are, to my mind, very intrusive.

That's true, and part of the reason I resisted for a long time. The main
reason is it's a tremendous time sink.

However, it is a good way to keep up with family and old friends, and
some of the gardening stuff is pretty good. If you subscribe to a lot of
different groups though you're quickly inundated and really can't get
through all of it!

My daughter finally twisted my arm, and I confess it is a fun way to keep
up with what the kids are doing (that they want to acknowledge publicly!)
and share our/their photos with friends etc.

What's more some of the photos from groups like Rare Plants or Hardy
Tropicals are spectacular.

Don't know which Rare Plants you are referring to, but Hardy Tropicals
continues to be available to all at
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/. As you say, some excellent
photos there.

--