Old 10-10-2015, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default where has everybody gone?

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:27:16 +1100, Fran Farmer
wrote:

On 9/10/2015 10:58 PM, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:44:41 +0100, Broadback

Me, I do not trust them, they are, to my mind, very intrusive.

Intrusive, time wasting and anti social.

What worries me about the intrusiveness is how it is that the press can
get pictures from FB of people who have died.

It's the new afterlife!

If FB have pictures they can give/sell them to anyone who asks. FB
have an old picture of me. I looked dead already so I changed to a
more recent picture. Facebook send me an email about once a week with
a list of "people you may know". One of the people FB thinks I know
has been dead for years but she looks quite healthy on FB.

I've also heard that it's
not possible to really close down an FB account either and that one's
info is not actually one's own once posted on FB.

I tried once. I even got to talk to a support person on phone once.
She said my details could be changed but not removed. The 'X' buttons
do not make permanent changes.

I put up with FB noise.

Steve

--