Old 11-10-2015, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default where has everybody gone?

On 2015-10-10 13:41:45 +0000, David Rance said:

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 18:08:25 sacha wrote:

I'm sorry but I said it some time ago and I'll say it again, newsgroup
days are numbered simply because of the ease and flexibility of
Facebook.

But yet you were the one more than anyone else who was so keen that urg
should not die through lack of use! I was wondering where you had
disappeared to.

For me, Facebook and Twitter don't hold any attraction. I've seen the
rubbish that people I love write there and it has put me off for life.

David

I was very keen to keep urg alive and having been on it for 17 years,
hope I've done my bit in that direction. But at the same time, it has
become terribly repetitive with a very small nucleus of regulars but
the same topics recurring over and over again. I don't think any forum
is perfect but at least Facebook attracts a wider audience and the
sheer number of available groups means one can always find something
interesting or helpful.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com