Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default where has everybody gone?

In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 18:08:25 +0100, sacha wrote:

I'm sorry but I said it some time ago and I'll say it again, newsgroup
days are numbered simply because of the ease and flexibility of
Facebook.

There are a lot of people find Usenet is easier to use than Facebook.
It depends on the newsreader.

AAMOI stats say Usenet traffic is rising. Probably due to binary and
picture attachments.

Quite, all the evidence of the text newsgroups I'm on, most of which
I've been members of for many years, traffic has been declining for some
time, the quieter groups are dead really.

It's a shame, I prefer using newsgroups, but easier to use or not, I
think they are just a back water really, that people don't even really
know about much anymore. Forums and Facebook are just a more
straightforward option.

I don't particularly like it, but that's the reality
--
Chris French