Old 11-10-2015, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_5_] Alan Holmes[_5_] is offline

Default OT spiders

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
This year our house has been inundated with large spiders. Thank goodness
neither myself of my wife a frightened by them. Almost every morning
there are one, and sometimes 2, in the bath. Where are they all coming
from? It is not the same one as they are flushed away each morning.

It's spider breeding season. The boys are on the march after the girls.
Please do not flush them down the plughole, they will die if you do. Get
them in a towel and put them outside. I was once very afraid of spiders
but I've progressed to "scoop up in fluffy towel and flap outside"
I can't do the glass/cardboard thing. The minute the spider runs up the
glass, I drop it.

Tina

Much better to just slap them with a newspaper!

Alan