Old 12-10-2015, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT spiders

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:44:30 +0100, Broadback

wrote:

On 11/10/2015 16:27, Robert Harvey wrote:
Broadback wrote:

Are you sure that the spiders will survive outdoors, or may they die a
slow death?

They've managed for the 4 billion years before we started molishing
houses,
and the 4000 years before central heating.

I think that is a specious argument, as all creatures evolve, so perhaps
these will not do well "in the wild". I simply wondered if these very
large "house" spiders are likely to survive outside. Is there a spider
expert here who knows? Personally I have never seen the very large
spiders outside that we have in the house. However having said that who
would believe the number there are, it is only after a foggy night and
their webs become evident that one realises how many spiders there are
out there.

You should see the size of the ones on our boat.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Send a pic.