Old 14-10-2015, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Apple Tree cultivation - pot size

On 14/10/2015 18:44, Trevor wrote:
I have 50 apple trees I grafted last year (I grafted 100 and 97 took
which I was rather chuffed with) and I was hoping to plant them this
November but our planned house purchase has fallen through. I therefore
need to plant them on in larger pots. Any google re this results in how
to grow an apple tree in a container.

Can anyone advise? I was thin king about the plastic pots that are made
out of strong bin-liner type plastic for cheapness.

---

Just a couple of things.
You say you want to grow them on in larger pots.
Larger than what?
secondly you are talking about black poly pots I presume, don't go for
pots that are to large, think about how much compost you will need and
how heavy they will be to lift.
I would go for depth rather than width.
Have a look at these
http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...sfile=1&jump=0