Old 15-10-2015, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Help pleas with penstemon cuttings

On 10/11/2015 1:37 PM, Broadback wrote:
Being a fan of penstemon I took a number of cuttings earlier in the
year. They took and seemed be healthy. However when I transferred them
from a gravel based medium to peat a lot (not all but about half) did
not survive. I was pleased with the original take but not with the
potting on. Any suggestions please as to where I went wrong?

I took a lot last year in B&Q Peat Free Verve compost with just added
vermiculite for rooting. I think I waited for potting on in the spring
into the same compost without vermiculite. That seemed to work well.
Perhaps too great a change in media ?