Old 15-10-2015, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default OT spiders

On 15/10/2015 17:23, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:00:43 +0100, Spider wrote:

On 11/10/2015 10:52, Martin wrote:

Spider bodies contain high levels of copper. They crap this onto boats and
particularly onto sails leaving black stains that nothing will remove.

Yes, their blood uses copper in the way that ours uses iron. Their blood
is tinged light blue.

I'm sure republicans will be delighted to know that our nobility and
royalty are related to arthropods and molluscs! They'll probably tell
you they knew it all along. :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemocyanin

They probably keep a stock of metaldehyde just in case HM pops in for
tea. Personally, I've got a lot of time for the Queen, but she hasn't
popped in yet. Perhaps I should grow cucumbers.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London