Old 15-10-2015, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default where has everybody gone?

"sacha" wrote in message
Bob, you can also state on Fb that you don't "want to see any more

posts like this", so if you're bored with the 'cute' stuff (I know
*precisely* what you mean by that) you can click on that. I haven't
investigated whether or not that cuts off peoples' posts you do want to
see but will do so. Otoh, I simply click past them, just as I would on
here if someone I don't want to read every time is posting things I'm not
interested in.
--
Sacha

But don't you find that there are so many posts on Facebook groups that you
just can't keep up with them? I do.
I much prefer Usenet.
There will always be only the old regulars on there,alas, because there is
no path to it now. No button on your toolbar that said "Newsgroups"to lead
you to the exciting world of what Usenet was. The death knell was when UK
ISP's stopped supporting it and those who wanted to continue had to pay News
Individual Net (still doing a sterling service despite earlier worries
about German VAT)

I still think it's worth every penny of the 10 euros/year..
I actually like seeing the same old faces on Usenet because they seem like
friends after so many years.

Tina