Old 17-10-2015, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What season is it?

"Robert Harvey" wrote
Chris Hogg wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Just noticed that Pulsatilla vulgaris and Convolvulus cneorum are
flowering well at the moment. I've never seen P. vulgaris in flower at
this time of the year before. Anyone else got spring flowers out?

Yes. I have an Embothrium with a few flowers on it. A very odd year.

I have two desert apples. Normally the 'sunset' is ready to eat a month
after the 'allington pippin'. This year they are the other road about.

Not actually specific to this year but I noticed that Amaryllis belladonna
was referred to as an autumn flowering bulb in this months Garden magazine
but ours always flower in late August.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.