Old 17-10-2015, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default What season is it?

On 17/10/2015 12:51, Jeff Layman wrote:
Just noticed that Pulsatilla vulgaris and Convolvulus cneorum are
flowering well at the moment. I've never seen P. vulgaris in flower at
this time of the year before. Anyone else got spring flowers out?

I have a cowslip in bloom under my Cherry-Leaved Hawthorn. The Hawthorn
has fiery autumn foliage and glossy red berries and clearly knows it's
autumn. The cowslip is lovely, but I may have to buy it a calendar for
Christmas. I also have scattered flowers on my Pyracanthas, which
usually flower in June. Wierd.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London