Old 18-10-2015, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default What season is it?

On 17/10/2015 22:26, Robert Harvey wrote:
Spider wrote:
On 17/10/2015 12:51, Jeff Layman wrote:
Just noticed that Pulsatilla vulgaris and Convolvulus cneorum are
flowering well at the moment.

I have a cowslip in bloom under my Cherry-Leaved Hawthorn.

Is this a 'dry winter - wet summer' thing? Aided and abetted by a good
Indian Summer?

Well, here, we have had a fairly dry summer and especially so under the
spreading crown of my hawthorn. Whether the thinning crown, due to leaf
fall, has allowed recent rain through to benefit the Cowslip, I can't be
sure.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London