Old 20-10-2015, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default OT spiders

In article ,
says...

"Pendragon" wrote in message

But every one has been destroyed, yet they still keep coming. I assume
they come down from above and cannot get back. They certainly can't get
in through the waste pipe, as spiders cannot swim!!

Karma will get your nasty arse in the end. Good job too.

Apparently they come indoors looking for a mate I read in the paper
yesterday.

Yes. I once saw two spiders in my bath and left them overnight. I saw
them mating (they do it behind the head) and by the morning the female had
sucked the life out of the male.

We use a spider vacuum with great success no matter what size of
critter and the kids love catching them too. Then just put them
outside and wait for them to come in through the waste pipe again lol
Thank goodness the bath seems to trap the biggest critters. You can
almost see on their faces the indignity of it all as they are placed
outside again after so much effort.

after the bath experience I use the fluffy towel technique to remove all
spiders in the bath and don't leave them overnight.

At the hairdressers this morning, the hairdresser found a spider *on
my head*. This was after she had just shampooed me and the spider was
very much alive, so she reckons it arrived on the towel she had just
taken off my wet hair.

When we both recovered I suggested "There is a spider on your head"
should be on a list of "things we never say to the customer"; to which
she replied "I felt I had to explain why I just hit your head with a
towel".

:-)

Janet