Old 21-10-2015, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Wanted: egremont russet apple tree

On 20/10/2015 21:33, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 20/10/2015 17:34, divingbrit wrote:
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:36:02 +0100, Tom Gardner
wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont
russet apple
tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106 rootstock, but
I can
compromise on that.

Excellent choice, nothing better.

They're nice - but we bought a Sunset. Only 7 apples in its first year,
but they are lovely.

Funnily enough my family tree is MM106-Egremont Russet-Sunset.

The russet is rather vigorous and has to be kept in check so that the
Sunset can grow to full size but both fruit prolifically on clay soil.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown