Old 22-10-2015, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default from today's forecast...

On 10/21/2015 06:40 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
songbird wrote:

lima beans

Lima Beans ?!?!?!?!? Oh no, no no no no no no no.
Please tell me you only jest!

no, we both love 'em! it is rare that i pick and
eat them when they are still fresh in the pod (like
green peas) because it takes time to both pick and
then to shell them, but they do cook up faster (some
i eat while i'm shelling them ).

they are a longer season bean so i was wondering
how they would fare this year since they were planted
a bit later than i'd like, but they seem to have done
well. could eat a lot more of them than we do but i
need the space to grow other beans.

as of yet i've not found many beans that i don't
like.

What next? Kale!

no kale here. Ma is not very adventurous when it
comes to greens. i don't mind it but i like spinach
better.

songbird

You are cheating! Fresh out of the garden is always
100 times better tasting.

:-)

I looked but could not find the name of the bean that
Italian cooks use instead of Lima beans. Apparently,
Italian cooks switches to Lima beans in the States
because they could not find the ones they used in Italy.

Thought they might be an idea for you to grow.

-T