Old 23-10-2015, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default from today's forecast...

On 10/23/2015 5:06 PM, The Cook wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:38:00 -0700, T wrote:

On 10/23/2015 01:22 PM, songbird wrote:
yeah, today i was out moving rocks and scraping
the crushed limestone away that forms a pathway
between two gardens. hopefully by next spring the
two gardens will be joined together and i'll have
several hundred more square feet of garden space.
we turned the neighboring perennial garden back into
a veggie garden and then are combining the two
gardens and thus removing the separating pathway.
i'm looking forwards to working in this new space
as it is much easier on me to weed and plant in
larger gardens and having more space also means i
can rotate within a garden space and have subplots
of different veggies.

and, well, having more space means i can have
spots to dig holes and bury stuff more easily too.

Do you share the bounty with the neighbor?

How exactly does that work? You do the work,
he gets half? Hmmmmm. :-)

Probably not. We do not expect anything from the neighbors when we
give them some of the harvest that we cannot or don't want to use. You
usually get a helping hand with something that is too large or heavy
to move alone. Sometimes keep an eye on the house if you are going to
be away. Most neighbors will help any way they can if you need it.
And why not give it to them if you can't use it.

That's what our huge grandsons are for Susan. Luckily we have a 6'5",
200 lb grandson about two blocks away and he's always willing to help.
Today he got a bag of sweet chiles, eggplant, and cucumbers. Walked away
grinning. I also help him butcher his deer and feral hog kills. Plus we
get a small share there.

Possibility of a foot of rain tomorrow. So far we've been getting
millimeters frequently, very low millimeters at that.