Old 29-10-2015, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default OT Facebook

Broadback wrote:

Well I gave it a go, but it is so invasive. I am constantly getting
emails telling me that I have more friends than I realise, I have
never heard of them, they are not friends, they are contacts of
contacts of contacts ad nauseum. So into touch it gets kicked.

Facebook is what you want it to be. Eventually.

I like it, but then I stopped all emails & notifications straight away,
locked down my privacy settings, and over time have blocked the things
I don't want to see.

Of course, all this takes a little time to get into place and I can see
that "out of the box" it can appear very intrusive but IMO the pros
outweight the cons (which for me, now, are few & far between).

I agree, I like Facebook but it needs managing. I have renewed contact with
many past friends and associates through it but never accept anyone I don't
already know or ask anyone to become a "Facebook friend"

Mike