Old 29-10-2015, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Green tomatoes?

"Peter James" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote

just cleared the greenhouse and have been left with a number of green
tomatoes how can I get them to ripen?

or what else can I do with them?

What we used to do was make green tomato chutney, then about two years
later
we would get it out of the cupboard scrape it into the bin, now we short
circuit that process and put them straight into the compost.
cut

That's a terrible waste. They make good green chutney, and with the
addition of a jalapeno chilli to the mix, unbeatable by any shop bought
product.

For us the waste is the money, time and effort making stuff neither of us
like and then throwing it away.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.