Old 31-10-2015, 05:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Watering Can

On 30/10/2015 8:07 PM, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Over the years I have had various watering cans, from a couple of
Haws 7 litre plastic (both eventually cracked) to something very
much cheaper which lasted about as long, but has just reached the
end of the road.

I'm not a heavy user, as it is easier to get the hose out for a
serious bit of watering. I reckon that it is sunlight rather than
abuse that sees them off.

Should I go for a metal can this time, or is rust just as likely
to cause its demise?

OTOH perhaps I should just be content that if I can still lift it
by the time it expires, I'm the winner?

I always have at least a couple of plastic waterign cans that live
outside but they never last mre than a few years. Inside Hanging up on
hooks in my sun room, I have at least 8 ancient galvanised watering can
of varying sizes. Some still have their roses but most of them don't I
have the habit of buying the old galvanised ones when I see them at a
reasonable price in olde wares shops. I seem to have passed on my
liking as I and now get requests from the offspring for X or Y size or
shape of old gal cans.

Love the gal far more than the placcie.