Old 31-10-2015, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Green tomatoes?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:56:42 +0000,
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

It's gone past people wanting freshly grown foods. One of the younger
women who works for me was not impressed when I told her some of the
veg in my garden was for gathering, cleaning, cutting, cooking and
then eating. Her ideal meal is already cooked and on a plate. That's
what her mother does for her.

One of our British friends made us minced meat. Another one gave us one
of those cakes that you do (or did) for weddings, then keep for years,
changing the sugar cover sometimes... Onion jam... did I name
Whiskey-cake?

But they confirm your statement. This kind of effort appears to be «
out », now. But it is a pity. Everywhere I went, people appear to be
convinced of the shear « absence » of cooking knowledge in Britain,
while I love about everything that I have tasted... Even my father, as
POW, had made the same experience and told us, fortunately. PLEASE
revive all your old British recipes and get them over here! ;-)

Michael
P.S. Have you read the « Asterix in Britain » comic ? “Olive oil? - I
use hot water for all my cooking, it gives everything such a fine taste”
sums it up. I guess.

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
New Key as of autumn 2015: