Old 31-10-2015, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Green tomatoes?

Supersede due to common mistake

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:56:42 +0000,
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

It's gone past people wanting freshly grown foods. One of the younger
women who works for me was not impressed when I told her some of the
veg in my garden was for gathering, cleaning, cutting, cooking and
then eating. Her ideal meal is already cooked and on a plate. That's
what her mother does for her.

One of our British friends made us mince meat [not minced meat - Sorry].
Another one gave us one of those cakes that you do (or did) for
weddings, then keep for years, changing the sugar cover sometimes...
Onion jam... did I name Whiskey-cake?

But they confirm your statement. This kind of effort appears to be «
out », now. But it is a pity. Everywhere I went, people appear to be
convinced of the shear « absence » of cooking knowledge in Britain,
while I love about everything that I have tasted... Even my father, as
POW, had made the same experience and told us, fortunately. PLEASE
revive all your old British recipes and get them over here! ;-)

Michael
P.S. Have you read the « Asterix in Britain » comic ? “Olive oil? - I
use hot water for all my cooking, it gives everything such a fine taste”
sums it up. I guess.

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
New Key as of autumn 2015: