Old 31-10-2015, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default OT Facebook

Muddymike wrote:
In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:43:57 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

Well I gave it a go, but it is so invasive. I am constantly getting
emails telling me that I have more friends than I realise, I have
never heard of them, they are not friends, they are contacts of
contacts of contacts ad nauseum. So into touch it gets kicked.

That was and still my experience with Facebook. They won't let me go
so I assume other people are getting messages about me being their
friend.

I don't think I've ever had emails telling me about potential
friends. In fact I don't really get any emails from Facebook at all.

Everyone I ask about their use of Facebook says the same thing about
it trying to make people into friends but they all continue to use
it!

I'm no great fan of Facebook, but a few pictures on the website
saying you may know these people isn't exactly trying to make people
into friends though is it. It's easily ignored

Those fascinate me. Several are people I have known but it baffles me
how Face Book made the connection. Often with no friends in common.

Just add it to the many other things that you do not know.