Old 31-10-2015, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] johndkingdon@gmail.com is offline

Default Omething is eating my pansy flowers

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 10:23:51 PM UTC, Malcolm Race wrote:
On 28/10/2015 08:45, wrote:
On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 9:10:21 AM UTC, Malcolm Race wrote:
Title says it all. I have 3 half baskets containing pansies and the
petals are being eaten. In previous years I have used violas and
noticed a little damage but this year about 10% of the flowers are
affected. The baskets are mountedon brick walls and are in full sun for
the morning (east facing). I am in Fareham on the south coast
TIA

Malcolm

Slugs/snails?

Jonathan

Thanks for the suggestion but I think it is unlikely. The baskets are
about 4ft above the ground with no slime trails and it is only the
petals which are eaten, it seems starting from the outside

Malcolm

FWIW, I often remove snails from the chains of my hanging baskets! Don't assume that because something is hanging on high it is immune!