Old 01-11-2015, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - computer question

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
On 31/10/2015 22:50, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 31/10/15 10:48, Nick Maclaren wrote:
On 10/31/15 10:22, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I guess it might be possible to take out the hard drive and put it in
a powered external case with a USB connector, and use another PC to
try to read the disk contents and get anything of value off.

--

Jeff

I have made a note of the other suggestions.

I do have an external hard drive caddy and yes my lap top reads all the
files fine

I have tried my own recovery disk which boots the machine up but it
still wont do a system restore (although I may try again)

I expect it may seem perverse to want a machine to run on Vista, which
although I much prefer it to windows 8 or 10 I would I know get used to
the latest version eventually! But Vista runs my Label station printer
software which neither newer version does without modification, i.e. I
can run the printer on newer software but that means redoing 3,500
individual plant labels.

try win 7

That's what I am going to do, our last lap top (nicked by a child) had it on
and that indeed did run everything I needed without too much drama!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs