Old 01-11-2015, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Ever get the feeling you should just give up?

"Lintama" wrote

Sweet peppers......not at all sweet. I nurtured and did everything
right that I can see and my peppers taste.....well just awful. In fact
maybe a tiny bit bitter.

My hot chillies are fine but the sweet peppers are small and green and
yuk!

Any ideas please what went wrong? I grew them in the greenhouse in
biggish pots in multi-purpose compost. Grew them from seed starting in
Feb.

It's been that sort of year, ours in the greenhouse are only now growing
fruit and the ones out on the allotment have done nothing at all. I think it
was the cool and very up and down spring and early summer which held them
back.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.