Old 02-11-2015, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Lily stem curiosity

"Martin Brown" wrote

Chris Hogg wrote:
Martin Brown

Most of my lilies have died back now for the winter but one stem in a
very sheltered spot near the house has stayed alive and is now forming
new plant like buds at various leaf joints up the stem.

I have seen this behaviour in sedums before but never on lilies.

I guess the sharp frosts followed by mild weather is responsible but has
anyone else seen this?

Do you mean bulbils? http://tinyurl.com/nhgbd2n

Yes, but I have never seen anything like these for size before.

I have had bulbils grow so large they were perfect miniatures of a lilly
bulb scales and all.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.