Old 04-11-2015, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default cymbidium division

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 11:22:37 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

I've discovered that my cymbidium has split its plastic pot.
Is now a good time to divide and repot?
If not, when?
Or just put it in a bigger pot?
It's in my living room. No greenhouse, no other place for it in
winter.
Having had 2 flower stems this year after 15 years waiting I don't
want to stop it doing the same next year.

The rootball was so big, having split the plastic pot, that a bigger
pot would not fit into the ceramic outer pot.
So I cut a few pseudobulbs off one side and repotted it and the
smaller bit separately. Time will tell now!
Thanks for advice.