Old 05-11-2015, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT - computer question

On 04/11/2015 16:38, Charlie Pridham wrote:
This is just to say thank you for all the helpful suggestions, very
difficult to work out whats wrong when you cant see for yourself, so I
am very gratefull for them time given.

While following some of the suggestions I noticed that the machine would
only reboot if everything was removed from USB and card slots, so I
wondered if with everything removed it would do a "System Restore" it
did! and all the USB ports are now working again although the graphics
are all different. When the new windows 7 machine turns up I shall be a
lot more proactive about backing the system up (and checking it works)

Depending on the BIOS settings you may have enabled boot from USB drive
or other removable sD media. This can be very confusing if the media
lacks a boot sector (or worse is a vector for hostile malware).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown