Old 06-11-2015, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Wych Cross Garden Centre,

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 08:21:59 +0000, (Peter James)
wrote:

Looking at their unusual and stunning Christmas Decorations I can't see
Wyvales stocking hand made German lace ornaments for one thing, however,
being able to supply 600 varieties of Rose to all their outlets might be an
advantage.

My local Garden Centre here in Cornwall has just sold up to a large
conglomerate.

It's gone from being a Garden Centre with odds 'n' ends to all odds 'n'
ends with some plants. Sad really, but that's the way the modern world
runs I suppose.

If "just" encompasses March 2014 that could be one near Bude, even if
it isn't Brooks just isn't as nice to visit since it got the Wyevale
Identikit makeover.

Was there the day they officially took over, two management types
wandering around conspicuously wearing clothing a different livery
from the existing staff wearing grins that would have been hard to be
removed with a scrubbing brush, well until I remarked " I suppose you
are going to bugger up this place then" and got hit with about 2mins
of corporate speak about how they didn't plan to change much until
they assessed the business but would aim to make it a better
experience based on developments elsewhere My further remark that the
two aims were mutually incompatible and " memorable experiences are
usually painful" saw the grins replaced by steely stares.

G.Harman