Old 07-11-2015, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Winter Cover?

On 10/31/2015 06:50 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/31/2015 6:43 PM, T wrote:
On 10/31/2015 04:31 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/31/2015 4:30 PM, T wrote:
On 10/31/2015 08:42 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/31/2015 9:47 AM, Davej wrote:
What to plant in a garden over the Winter?

Depends on your climate. Ours is moderate in winter mostly and we grow
winter crops. Stuff like cabbage, spinach, lettuce, carrots, beets,
etc.
Right now we still have eggplant, cucumbers, and tomatoes still
producing. First frost can't be far off now.

Monday, I am suppose to get down to 29F. It will
kill everything in my garden except the Garlic.

Any suggestions as to my winder climate: Norther Nevada?
Winter days 40's to 50's Nights 20 to 30. Extreme
nights to zero.

Oh well, not every one is able to live in Paradise, aka Texas. G

George,

Native American

What tribe?

, Native Texican

Is that in the United States? Do they have a football team?

:-)

-T

Cherokee on Mother's side, Choctaw on Dad's, none of us were ever
registered with a tribe. Each parent was half white, half Native
American. Both Mom's parents were half Cherokee/half white, Dad's dad
was full blood Choctaw, married to a white woman, a blond at that. Never
made any difference to us, we're just full blood Americans.

Texican is the old word for Texan, born in Texas, most likely will die
here. Worked in two different Arab Gulf countries, lived and worked in
several states, pure D oil field trash, third generation.

Spend about a year in San Antonio with the Air Force in the seventies.

We've been sitting on the front porch, handing out Halloween candy, dawg
tried to defend the candy basket so put her back in the house.

Rain stopped earlier today, thank goodness, lots of folks south of us
got flooded, hit by high winds and tornadoes. Glad we picked this end of
Harris Cty, Texas to move to. Plus we're nearly three hours closer to
our kids, grands, and great grands but I do miss rural Louisiana and the
slow pace there. Not to mention the excellent fishing, fresh and salt
water, all within a thirty minute drive.

hopefully the rains have finally let up!

We got a whole inch last week! (typically seven inches per year.)
and ALL the weeds decided to sprout!