Old 08-11-2015, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Winter Cover?

In article
George Shirley writes:

That's what winter is for for gardeners. That and perusing the seed
catalogs that will be coming in shortly. We're always trying something
new for our climate, might be some new stuff in the catalogs.

BEWARE!! gardening is almost as bad as drugs, once you're addicted it
seems all the seed companies find out and send you beautiful catalogs.

That is part of my mental survival strategy for Ohio winters,
especially the February part. My stance is that once the seed
catalogs arrive, winter is obviously finished.

When there are pictures of ripe tomatoes, frost must be running
away briskly.

And don't tell me I'm wrong, because I won't be listening.
If it doesn't work form my wife, it won't work for you.

A couple more not-so-standard companies found me this year, and
they will be straining my seed starting capacity next year, I think.

BSEG

Beautifully seeded early garden, I will insist on [naively] reading.

--
Drew Lawson | I told them we had learned to change