Old 08-11-2015, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Winter Cover?

On 11/8/2015 11:26 AM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

I've always thought that SE Texas was a warm climate until a cold front
moved in last night. Woke up cold, now waiting on the coffee pot to do
its job.

Yeah, been watching the front on the box hopeful of a little rain
but not terribly optimistic. Temps not likely to get below "cool", I
hope ;-)

We've had about twelve inches of rain in the last two or three weeks.
After years of drought it seems the rain gods are finally figuring out
we need the stuff.

Up early this morning, no rain, sun is shining brightly again and the
wind has switched out of the north. Looks to be a fairly decent day.
Need to pick eggplant and sweet chiles and pull up the last of the
tomatoes. Winter veggies are coming along nicely, looking forward to the
leaf lettuce and all the other salad fixings. I do like a nice salad
with home grown stuff in it.