Old 11-11-2015, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blaby tomato

Christina Websell wrote:

I don't believe, at all, there there is any need for a supermarket to insist
on a certain length or size of vegetable. I am sure that "wonky" vegetables
would be quite acceptable to most people once they know how badly the
supermarket policy of perfect is affecting the farmers.

Not to side with the supermarkets, but they must have based that on what
was left on the shelves? Same happens for anything where you let the
customer self-select, e.g. look at all the banana-wood piled up in Wickes.