Old 11-11-2015, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Winter Cover?

On 11/8/2015 11:26 AM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

I've always thought that SE Texas was a warm climate until a cold front
moved in last night. Woke up cold, now waiting on the coffee pot to do
its job.

Yeah, been watching the front on the box hopeful of a little rain
but not terribly optimistic. Temps not likely to get below "cool", I
hope ;-)

It's hot here again, 1249 and 74F, muggy, looks like more rain, heavily
overcast, had to turn the AC on again.

Damned eggplant and sweet chiles are still making like crazy, neighbors
hide when they see us coming up their walk with a bag in hand.

Went to local stupor market, scored some very good beef from the "used
meat bin." Ran into middle grandson, shot two deer on his hunt, probably
help him butcher and vacuum seal the meat. Of course we get a share.

George