Old 15-11-2015, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Goodbye with mixed feelings

Derald wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

I have just got a new machine that doesn't natively come with a news
client

Well, your present machine didn't, either; har!

so I am faced with buying and setting one up on it, or not. My
decision is to not. I will probably stop reading here within a
month when my old PC gets retired.

Nah: Too many free Linux and Windows newsreading clients-with
flexible means of eliminating unpleasantness-as well as free servers
out there in the Zone and Mrs. Jones has you ;-) You'll be back,
even if just for the occasional drive-by, I betcha.

Most will not care which is fine.

I am not in that group.

Nor am I . There are too few here who actually post , much less useful
information . You leaving makes that one less positive contributor in the
group .
FWIW , Mozilla Thunderbird and eternal-september news server are a free
and easy to configure combination . And both are free .

--
Snag